What is the “Redefine the Game” Institute? The Redefine the Game Institute is a management level education and career advancement program designed for business professionals and community leaders. The culturally-specific course curriculum consists of an 12-month interactive business and organizational learning regiment based on the book, Black Faces in White Places, by Dr. Randal Pinkett and Dr. Jeffrey Robinson.
The program began in March 2018 and will conclude February 2019. Each session focuses on common on-the-job issues faced by business professionals and community leaders. Today’s professionals need effective leadership and management skills to deal with challenges of global competition and a changing workforce. To address this growing need, the Empowerment Network and its business partners have collaborated to create this innovative annual African-American career advancement and leadership development program.
The Redefine the Game Institute was created by Dr. Randal Pinkett & Dr. Jeffrey Robinson of BCT Partners and Damita Byrd and Willie Barney of the Empowerment Network and WDB Resultants, LLC. The goal is to enhance and elevate key skills that are essential for the growth and success of upcoming managers, leaders, and executives in a culturally-relevant way.
The Ten Game-Changing Strategies
The overarching program will be based on the Ten Game-Changing Strategies outlined in the book, Black Faces in White Places: 10 Game-Changing Strategies to Achieve Success and Find Greatness. Participants will learn how to thrive in their current environment while preparing for future career and leadership opportunities.
Benefits to Participants
- Achieve excellence in your current environment
- Identify your strengths and create a clear career development plan
- Prepare to access leadership development opportunities
- Connect with your community and expand your local and national network
- Gain insights and learn from internationally-respected instructors
- Receive coaching from CEO’s and African-American Executives
- Tangible Outcomes:
» Individual Development Plan
» Redefine the Game Action Plan
» Redefine the Game Institute Development Certification
Benefits to Companies
- Increase employee and talent satisfaction and retention
- Offer national-level professional development for your employees
- Strengthen your company pathways and pipelines
- Increase diversity at all levels of the organization
- Serve and reach new markets with the insights gained
- Increase profitability through diversity and equity
- Align employee resource groups to the business bottom line
- Your company will be recognized for offering professional diversity and cultural training programs